Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It's Showtime!

The 28th was the show. We got there early and got the car nice and clean. This is the view looking over part of the Tuacahn parking lot.
This is me standing next to the car
 With my display (which I only put up after the car had been judged)



 We got a picture of my dad sitting in the car. It was so fun having him at the show with me. He seemed to really like the car and it was a trip down memory lane.
 Me and my dad with the car
 Me and Mike with the car
 Saturday night we had to move the car so it could stay over night. So we ended up towing the car with a golf cart. Someone has video footage of it which I really hope to get a copy of someday soon. Anyways this is the car tucked in for the night with the car cover over it.
 The next morning ready to be shown again. We ended up staying in the same place we moved it to so we didn't have to tow it back to our original spot.
 I was very surprised to get 2nd place in my class. The awards are made out of sandstone and are rather neat.  It was nice being able to get an award. We were told that there were two things that made the difference between us getting 2nd versus 1st place. We didn't have time to get a spare tire for the trunk, and I left the floor mats in the car. I had gone back and forth on if those had to come out or not but finally just decided to leave them. So lesson learned, those come out when being judged.
Anyways it was an awesome show and an awesome trip. I am really glad we were able to get the car there even though it wasn't running. The car turned out amazing and I feel like the award really should go to Mike for taking charge of this restoration and making this car what it is. I feel so lucky to have my dad's first car and to be able to have it restored. I really loved having my dad at the show with me. I feel like the luckiest person in the world!

3 comments:

Ernest Houston said...

Congratulations on the award! Truly, you deserve this recognition for taking the time and effort to restore your dad’s vehicle. It looks good as new! You and Jack did a pretty good job restoring this vintage classic. But I think the greatest reward is to see this vehicle restored to its former glory. I’m sure your dad would be very proud of you!

Brittanie Holdernes said...

Job well done on the restoration! You truly deserve it! I was reading your previous post and I can see all the work that you did for your dad’s Mustang. It sure cleaned up nicely. In fact, it looks good as new. Even the car seats! No wonder the judges loved it and gave it the much deserved recognition!

Dante Mallet said...

You have a fine-looking car, Melissa! I wouldn’t have guessed that she was a remodeled and restored one until I read the blog title and your previous post. It looks good as on the day it was released from the factory. I do hope that you will have other car restoration projects after this. You will surely make any vintage car good as new!